Monday, November 21, 2011

THANKSGIVING GRIEVING MOTHER

The Thanksgiving Grieving Mother
To the Editor:
Democrat and Chronicle


 A 17 Years old boy used an illegal gun to kill my Son two days before Thanksgiving Day, Year 2000. Each year when it is coming toward Thanksgiving, my Son is missing from the dinner table, due to hate crime.  There is no closure to be death; as a grieving mother, I believe everyone that intentionally killed someone with an illegal gun should face the death penalty.

My point is, the victimizer, not only kills the victim, and he kills his family and the victim’s family.  One, the victim’s family will never see him again. Two, the victimizer’s family will also be grieving about their Son, because they lost him to prison. Therefore, either side feels the pain of grief. I can still hear my Son’s voice in my head, when he made his lost phone call telling me he was coming home for Thanksgiving. He said, “Mom, thanksgiving is coming, in but a few days, I’ll be home, for thanksgiving; I don’t need only turkey, mom, cook me some oxtail.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment