Monday, December 5, 2011

WAR IN THE WILLOW TREE

Since I was a little girl my siblings war against me with their tongue that is more poisonous than poison Ivy. Dispite of that I am the one that God blessed to aide them out of poverty. At nineteen years old i traveled to Canada , on a invitation letter. When I got there in the seventies, it was much easy to obtain a job without a work permit. Nonetheless, you still have to be looking out for immigration, because if they knew that you are a visitor and at the sametime working in their country, they will pick you up and have you deported. Even though I knew that, I took the risk of working illegally in order to send money home to the Bahamas to support my family. There are twelve of us. poor to ashes.   Raised into a very poor and Christian family with rich spiritual morals.
Despite of that my brothers and sister, forgot about the morals. They conspired, and murder me with their mouths, by telling their friends that i'm a bad person who loves to argue. Dispite of all their allegations. I worked and migrate all of them to Canada, and the States. There is a sister that I really love, she was very brillant in school. I worked $1. 75 an hour in the seventies pressing shirts in a dry cleaning company in Canada, put her through High School. After her graduation, I enroled her in college in the States. She is now a Lisenced Registered Nurse and a Dental Hygienist. After she became successful, she fights against me without a cause. In June of 2011, I called her in Tampa Florida, and I asked her what I have done to her. She replied, " Nothing" and she hung up the phone.
What makes it so bad my siblings could never be in Canada, or the States, if I did not assist them. Today, they would be still be living in poverty. War against me in the willow tree shows  the pressure they are putting me by telling me that they are better than I. . Why? we are from a inter-racial family. Mother black, Father Irish.  So, we have different skin color. My siblings that are waring against me, are brown skin, they claimed to be white suprimist. I have dark complexiction, full eyes, very streight nose, high cheekbone, thin lips, and I am spiritually compationate, kind and have a lot of passion for the poor, and the homeless. My siblins feels that i am under-class because I have concern for the less fortunates.
My siblings hated me so much, they conspired with my x- sister-in law to fight me at my brother's funeral in the Bahamas. Because I told my sister- in- law to help throughout the funeral.
Now I have a sister that was filthy rich, she spent most of her time with the other siblings that considered themselves white. Now that she is sick, lost all her wealth, because she lost her short-term memory; they turned against her. Right now I am so forstrated with their behavior, I feel like changing my identity. War in the willow tree is based on how I'm treated by my siblings. The Willow tree represent my strength; how I handled their persecution and their seregations. War in the willow tree , the branches and the leaves represent that my siblings are many. The branches represent my tears that falling down my cheek daily, because of their attitudes toward me,
My siblings are very, very ungreatful toward me. I remember days when they were unable to attained employment, I worked three jobs to sheltered them and fed them. Today, they forget all about it. When I asked my parents, why didn't they marry in their own race, they told me because God didn't not want it to be so. I then hold my peace with wanting to get answer. This thing color is a bitterness to the bone to those who practice that one race over-ride the other.  I know as long as life prolong, in my family, there will be always siblings war. And believe me, as I say before in a paragraph, I am changing my identity to  for the sake of peace to remain in the family. I consider to be the black sheep of the family; let it remain like this. Copyright (c)  Catherine Gray Taylor, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment